November 16, 2020
Re: Visitor Protocol Update
As of November 16, Niagara moved into the ‘Orange-Restrict’ level of the Ontario COVID-19 response Framework. More details are available HERE.
Currently, all retirement homes and Long-Term Care Homes in the Niagara Region are in ‘ALERT’ status. Alert status is applied when there is widespread transmission in the community.
We are remaining ever vigilant in our response to ensure we are keeping our residents and staff safe. Positive cases continue to climb and more outbreaks are declared in Long Term Care Homes and Retirement facilities in Niagara. In the event we have an outbreak, we will re-implement meal service to rooms and no visitors to the building for a short period.
Visits to residents:
- Visitors must pass screening & temperature taken
- Residents may receive only one visitor at a time under ALERT status
- Visits must be booked in advance by calling the office at 905-834-0322 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Residents may designate essential status to up to 2 family members
- Residents are only permitted to leave the premises for essential reasons, including medical appointments. Garden Terrace residents can also leave the premises for grocery shopping and filling prescriptions although we encourage residents to utilize our grocery ordering service through Chelsey and prescriptions can be delivered
(All other absences are not permissible, including lunch out with family, restaurant visits, events etc.)
- Residents must continue to sign out/in at the front desk when leaving for an essential appointment and have their temperature taken upon return
- Overnight absences are not permitted, with the exception of single night emergency room visits
Personal Care Service Providers:
A personal care service provider is a person who is not an essential visitor and visits to provide personal services to residents such as hair dressing and nail care. Personal care service providers are not permitted.
The on-site Salon will continue to operate until further notice at ext. 6020.
The in-house footcare will continue to operate until further notice.
Recreation activities are heavily restricted under the guidelines. Every effort will be made to engage with residents in a meaningful way while observing the rules.
The Provincial guidance also includes rulings on building tours and moves. We will ensure that all required protocols are reviewed and implemented, will keep you informed as we learn more.
The Tuck Shop is open for take-out coffee, tea & snacks. Hallway programs will continue as planned. Social Areas with distanced seating is available. Residents are permitted to leave their rooms.
On a separate note, with the holidays approaching we are discussing how to facilitate visits in the safest way possible. Please stay tuned for more details on this in the coming weeks.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions.