We are thrilled to announce that Public Health has declared our Covid-19 Outbreak over as of this morning.
As per the Retirement Home Regulatory Authority, the Ministry of Seniors & Accessibility, and our local Public Health Unit:
- We are still following Red Zone Protocol as per Provincial Guidelines
- Activities may resume with reduced numbers indoors and outdoors.
- The Dining Room is open again for Retirement Home Residents for lunch and dinner.
- The Essential Outing Restrictions still apply, meaning doctors and pharmacy visits only. (We will make some exceptions where necessary if arranged through myself or the Associate Directors of Care)
- Essential Visitors are the only visitors permitted in the building. You must schedule your appointment; have a negative Covid test (not older than 14 days) and come with proper PPE, being a medical mask and eye protection; you cannot have a meal with your parent at this time, no drinks and treats however, you can bring these for your loved on to enjoy. You must always wear your mask during your visit**
We are hopeful that as the general population begins to get vaccinated, these restrictions will lessen however we have not been given any direction at this time. We appreciate your patience while we manoeuvre through the unknown.
We also received notification from Niagara Health that they will be here on Sunday April 18th to do our Residents Vaccine Clinic for their 2nd shot. This clinic is only open to Residents. We will need completed Consent Forms once again and we will need help from some of you for this task. We will be in touch next week with more information. The clinic will run the same as March 4th with all areas being done. It is important for residents to be in the building that day.
Thank you for all your kind words and thoughts during the past three weeks. This was much appreciated.