It feels like we are accomplishing so much these days, and everyone is feeling a bit more normal as each day passes.
I know many of you have been inquiring and we wanted to take our time and get our facts in order. We have received changes through the Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility as well as our governing bodies, RHRA and ORCA. Please know that we maintain the right to introduce our own Visitor Protocol in conjunction with these recommendations. There are some areas of concern for us with the new policies, please know that we will continue to review this on an ongoing basis.
Effective today, July 7, 2021:
- Essential Visitors will no longer require a negative Covid test to visit the building.
- Visits Indoors will remain for Essential Visitors only. We are maintaining our position of 2 Essentials Visitors per resident, who can visit at the same time if they choose. If you are fully vaccinated, with proof of the same, you must continue to wear a mask. If you are not vaccinated, you are required to wear a mask and eye protection or a face shield.
- Visits must be scheduled. Screening at the Main Entrance remains the same. We are required to have everyone register in the event we need to do contact tracing.
- Outdoor Visits are welcome. Please remember to remain two metres from each other and wear your mask when you cannot maintain this distance. You are permitted to hug, while wearing your mask.
- Residents have been able to go out to appointments and to social visits for some time now. This remains unchanged. Please practice covid protocol while out in the community.
We do expect more changes to happen once we proceed to the next phase. There are always exceptions to these rules, due to extenuating circumstances. Please contact us for assistance when needed.
Please know that our increased vaccination threshold has also allowed us to start planning a full opening of the Main Dining Room for both Retirement Home and Garden Terrace Residents. This will begin August 9th.
Thank you again for your patience and support. It is greatly appreciated. If you have any concerns, please contact us for more information.