ESSENTIAL VISITOR / CAREGIVER DESIGNATION
An essential visitor/caregiver is defined as someone who is designated by the resident and/or substitute decision maker to provide direct care to the resident (e.g. supporting feeding, mobility, personal hygiene, cognitive stimulation, communication, meaningful connection, relational continuity, and assistance in decision making). A maximum of two caregivers may be designated per resident.
Protocol for Essential Visitors / Caregivers:
- Visitors are to bring a medical mask with them and wear it the entire time they are on Portal Village property
- Visitors go directly to the main entrance and report to the screening station
- Screening will involve:
- Having temperature taken
- Reviewing the screening questions and affirming negative responses to all
- Sanitizing hands thoroughly with product provided at screening station and throughout the building
- After completion of screening, visitors will proceed directly to resident’s suite, not visiting with others, or going to other areas of the building
- Visits will be for a duration of one hour
- Portal Village reserves the right to monitor visits to ensure that all infection control procedures are adhered to, for the health and safety of all staff and residents.
- If any of the above procedures are not adhered to, the visitor(s) may be asked to leave the property, and this may result in the discontinuation of visiting privileges.